Sunday, January 27, 2008

News Travels Fast


So, we are all hearing about the horrible tragedy of Heath Ledger's Death. I'm not sure how or when you heard the news, but I was informed while driving in my car, listening to the radio. The DJ said, we have just received news that actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his Manhattan apartment, but the reason for his death is still unknown. The radio station was delivering this news exactly one hour after they had found his body. The point I'm trying to enhance here is how fast we can receive information. It took less than one hour for news of Heath Ledger's death to travel from his apartment in New York to Austin, Texas.

Right after I had heard this on the radio, I walked into PetsMart, and the two people at the cash registers were talking about it as well. Whether they had heard it from the radio or not, I don't know now. I'm sure the same information was streaming all over the internet. People who have entertainment RSS feeds or tags on celebrity gossip were probably opening up to tons of blogs and websites explaining what had happened. With new sites that literally send information streaming into your computer news is traveling faster because people aren't having to go searching the information, it is literally coming to them!

No comments: