Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hanes Sells New Panties with Humor


Hanes are introducing a new line of underwear that is designed to stop wedgies. The Hanes No Ride Up panties are going to be advertised using comedian and actress Sarah Chalke. They are designing a campaign that is going to reach female consumers through humor, while still maintaining the Hanes Comfortfit promise. Senior Vice President of Hanes, Sidney Falken states, " "We wanted to address women's number one panty complaint with humor and candor, while providing an easy and comfortable solution - our new wedgie-free Hanes No Ride Up Panty."

I think this is a great way to advertise this new line of underwear. Using humor in the execution process for this new product is a great way to get out their message and for it to be remembered. I also love that someone is finally using a different approach than sex appeal to sell underwear. Also, I feel as though people are more responsive to humor. We look for humor in our advertisements and the most funny and witty advertisements are the ones we will remember. I think this campaign is going to be very successful.

No comments: