Lately in class we have been discussing the hazards of social media. Any bad or negative information put out about your company or product gets put into the "netherworld" of Google. This information can be found at any time, therefore, its hard to overcome a incident where you are exposed all over the internet.
I came across an example of this, while searching for available jobs online. Competitive Marketing was all over Monster.com looking for employees. I had seen this posting a couple times and decided to look them up. I though I would find a website for the company but the only thing I found was and an article written about them exposing them for doing "shady business" written by Rip Off Report. . They sent in one of their guys to have an interview with this company. What they had to say was "Competitive Marketing Concepts -- a company that is all over careerbuilder.com and monster.com...proud owners of the 'shadiest' operation I've ever interviewed with." The article goes into deeper detail to explain what happened during the interview, how they didn't even have an office space, and how their interview process was a complete joke.
Unfortunately for this company, this Rip Off Report is the second listing on Google. This is detrimental for the company. Anyone who is interested in applying for this job is going to look up more information on them (like I had), only to find this out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment