So, I have been absent for a while, but only because I have been very busy this summer. After graduating I got a post-grad. internship with the City of Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department. I was given the opportunity to start up a blog for our department and blog about upcoming events, happenings and current news in the Parks and Recreation Department.
In addition to my blog and other city blogs, the communications team (which I was able to be apart of) decided to create a facebook page. The page is great for the community to visit and learn more about upcoming events, happenings, news, and updates on current projects. It also gives the citizens a place to discuss city topics with other Round Rock citizens, and since it is hosted by the City, it is a great way to get your ideas, thoughts and concerns straight to the source!
My internship has sadly come to an end and I have parted ways, but I had a great experience. I learned so much, received tons of experience, and made a lot of new friends! I have to applaud the efforts of the City of Round Rock for taking the plunge into social media and getting involved in two way communication with their citizens. Everyone was very willing to get involved and start creating ways to be accessible to the public in as many ways possible. The City of Round Rock is currently blogging, twittering, and facebooking. Great Job Round Rock!
If you want to visit any of these networks you can visit www.roundrocktexas.gov/cc to view the blog, www.roundrocktexas.gov/facebook to view the facebook page, and you can follow The City of Round Rock on twitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment